I think I learned to love looking at the stars and moon when I was little. My mom was always taking us outside to look at them. She always showed us her Grandpa's star - it was the first one that came out and shined the brightest.There is just something peaceful and relaxing to go outside (with a cup of hot chocolate in the winter time) and get lost in the sky. To this day I could sit outside and look at the stars and moon all night. And to this day when I see that star (which we found out is actually a planet) I think - "There's mom's Grandpa's star". Well now its one of my kids favorite things to do. So last night we went outside after dinner on the trampoline and started to watch the stars come out. ( I have already implemented getting homework done before dinner -YAY! )We also like to make up stories. They get pretty creative. Last night's story was about city high in the sky called Twinkle and that is where the stars are made. A boy named light and a girl named shine were the ones that cleaned the stars so they twinkled in the night. One day though the stars where stolen by the dark night and they had to go a quest to find them. That's as far as we got because Jadie started getting restless and Lexi decided she wanted to jump instead. I ended up getting the camera and taking pictures - its funny how ever since I started blogging a couple months of go my camera never seems too out of reach :).




After a couple pictures the kids stated to get irritated with each other - "stop touching me !", "that's my spot!" " you cant see me in the camera!"," Jadie's pulling my hair!" "You stepped on me!". SO - we went inside. What i had hoped would be a relaxing evening wasn't.
Well- maybe for just a moment as the kids looked for their great-great grandpa's star and got lost in the sky.
And that was worth it.
5 comments:
Sounds like a good night out. Are you selling your house?
Your a good mom Nicole, even if they did fight after a while.Thats kids for ya. I bet they just loved doing that with you.
Great memories! Isn't is neat to think about how some day your children will be doing this same thing with their children (just like you did with your mom) because you took the time to share this tradition with them. Even if it wasn't as relaxing as you'd planned, it will be remembered for years to come.
What a great idea!! I loved seeing all of your faces crammed together in the pic!! What an awesome memory for your kids someday. I wish we still had our trampoline so we could lay out and look at the clouds again. Ours became a big trampoline tumbleweed last monsoon. I guess a blanket would do though! Cute post thanks for sharing!! Your kids are lucky to have such an awesome Mommy!!
Those pictures are the best!!
Post a Comment