I dont iron. I'm not good at it and I dont have the patience for it. The only time I can remember liking ironing was when I was 10 or so and my mom would let us iron my Dad's hankerchiefs - something easy to learn on.
I should have paid more attention when she was trying to teach me. Just like sewing -
Poor Jared has to wear a suit coat to church each Sunday so you cant see the horrible ironing job I did on his shirt. And dont get me started on dress pants. I can never get the line in front straight.
Well I finally got sick of not wearing half the things in my closet because they were wrinkled. So today I got ambitious - I took out everything - mine and Jareds - and even Radens - that would need ironing and decided that I would start to have an ironing day each week. The pile of clothes covered my table. But i got to work and finally finished 30 min ago. Yes I was ironing all day. However. I learned a very valuable lesson. If you are going to take the time to iron something, make sure you hang it up right away instead of laying them in piles on the bed because when you finally go to hang them up they will all need to be ironed again.
... dang it
Kewpie
2 days ago
7 comments:
I totally remember ironing Dad's hankerchiefs too! And I think that was the last time I ever ironed haha. Has Jared ever tried the wrinkle free shirts? They are pretty nice, you can hang them up right out of the dryer and they stay pretty wrinkle free.
-Afton
Hahahaha. Oh I'm sorry. I used to do that when Kameron worked at UOP. He had to wear dress shirts everyday so I would take the iron out and iton in front of the TV while Porter napped. I am an iron freak though, so is Kameron. We iron our jeans! =) Practice makes perfect!!
I hate ironing too!!
LOL!~My mom used to make me do a lot of ironing growing up. My family our ironing freaks! I hated it. Mostly because I can't get it perfect. So now I buy only wrinkle-free,(like Afton) for Paul and the boys. I'll iron if I HAVE to, otherwise, I've been known not to buy something simply because I would have to iron it!
I RARELY iron, too! How ambitious of you to devote an entire day to one of your least favorite chores. Sorry it didn't turn out better. Dang it is RIGHT!!
Ironing isn't my favorite chore either. And pants are the worst! Sorry about the need to reiron, I learned that the hard way too.
I did the same thing with my Dad's ironing! And that was also the last time I ironed...That is why Downy wrinkle release & wrinkle free shirts were invented.
Post a Comment