Ever since Lexi started kindergarten she has come home complaining of headaches. I just kept telling her that she was dehydrated and to drink more water. Well after 4 weeks i decided I should probably see if there was another reason why she was getting headaches. Our first stop was to my optometrist who after two hours in her office with four kids decided she didn't know what was wrong due to Lexis inconsistent answers and sent us to a pediatric ophthalmologist. I waited another couple weeks because I didn't want to waste my time in another Dr/s office to be told that she was fine. When I finally took her we found out that her right eye is considered a lazy eye even though you cant tell by looking at her and her brain has been ignoring it. So when she started school and is learning to read her brain is trying to figure out what eye or eyes to use and it getting confused - thus the headaches. I still maintain she needs to drink more water :). So she needs to wear glasses for the next year or two to re-train her brain to look through both eyes and then unless she inherited my vision she wont have to wear glasses anymore. She took her time picking out what glasses she wanted - posing on front of the mirrors and finally picked out a cute hot pink pair. I may be a little biased but I must say that she looks so cute!
We also started using a new chore chart. We have had chore charts before but the kids like this one because they get to move the magnets over when they are finished with that chore. Even Jadie likes to do it. This is the first week so we'll see how it works once the newness wears off. So see - even i can be domestic - with some help of a very creative friend of course. I did do the magnets myself though and I made home made bread last week too :) We decided that the chores that affect the family ( dinner chores and sat chores) are ones that need to be done just because they are part of the family and need to do their part. The chores that only effect them( clean rooms, piano. homework) are the ones that they will get paid for. So far it is working - i put the responsibility on them and now I dont remind them all the time - if they forget, they dont get money for that day.
Kewpie
2 days ago
2 comments:
Looking good Lexi! She's such a cute little kindergartner.
Lexi looks so cute in glasses. She is getting so big! I have been working on chores here too. It is so much nicer when they are accountable and I don't have to keep asking them to get things done. Cute chore chart!
Post a Comment