I've never been one to be overly excited about preschool. If my kids wanted to go and it wasn't very expensive then that was fine- but I'm not one to put them in when they are just turning three, camp overnight to get them in and pay a fortune for it. If you do- that's great and I hope I dont hurt your feelings - its just not a priority of mine. I figure they will be gone soon enough and I can teach them what they need to know to get ready for kindergarten. That being said - Bailee went to one semester of a preschool and Lexi and Raden both went a year to the marana playroom - not an accredited preschool. It was cheap and only for 3 hours two days a week - so I figured why not. Lexi had a little graduation last Saturday for her class. Now when Raden went - we didn't even go to his "graduation" - he didn't care - and I wasn't planning on going to this one. HELLO PEOPLE ITS PRESCHOOL - I will be there for her high school graduation. Jared was working that day and Raden had a baseball game so I told Lexi that we were going to miss it. Well she turned on the huge crocodile tears and I caved and told her we would work it out. She told me that they had been practicing songs and everything for it. So as much as I didn't care to go - I realized that it was important to her and made plans for Raden to go with a friend to his game - since we have been to all his games and there are more to go. The little ceremony was hot, loud and a little crazy. But when they walked out in their little cap and gown - yes they wore a cap and gown- I realized that maybe the reason I didn't want to go was because I would have to admit that my little Lexi is too old for preschool and will be starting "real" school in a couple months. Out in to the real big world. On to new and bigger things.You would think I would be used to this - but it doesn't get any easier, if anything it gets harder and they seem so much littler when they get on the bus that first time, and second time, and 100th time- even when they are going into second and fifth grade. Dang- where did the time go and why does it have to go so fast!? Doesn't she look cute in her cap and gown? Here is to 11 short weeks of getting to have my babies home with me.
Straight To Jail
3 days ago
3 comments:
She is such a cutie. It is cute to see little people in caps & gowns.
i think i will be shedding some tears come august!!
I have a big DITTO for you.
Post a Comment