Friday, December 18, 2009

Out of control

Jared always tells me that I am a messy cook - especially when he cleans up after me most of the time.  I defend myself by telling him that I am usually doing five other things while I am cooking, or, the kids wanted to help me and they are the ones that made the mess. Well I am begining to belive him ...

...this is last night when I was baking Christmas goodies.  Wow. Make sure you look close to see all the flour, sugar and spices spilled all over the place.  And to make it worse the cranberry cookies were overdone, the cranberry bread was underdone and the pumkin rolls might be the only thing that came out okay.  I didnt even start on my grandmas homemade candy - maybe that will have to wait to next year :)


On a side note - Raden is a really picker eater and he has decided that if he doesnt like what we are having for dinner he will make himself something else to eat - I wont make anything else since he usually doesnt even try what we are having. He found his new love - three pieces of bread- he takes the white bread cuz when I make him somehing i use wheat bread - puts shredded cheese on it and puts it in the microwave.  Yum??????? 
This is a little man who knows what he wants!




6 comments:

Steph said...

I am the same way. I manage to fling stuff on the walls and my stove always has something spilled that burns when we turn it on!

Steph said...

Love your pictures, by the way! You have such a cute family!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I can relate! My kitchen is a huge mess from Christmas baking right now. I just finished decorating my last sugar cookie and thought I'd take a little break. Making Christmas goodies is so fun, the cleaning up part, not so much...

Ashley said...

He is soooo Justin! Look at that face! He is such an adorable kid! That's hilarous he just does his own thing, heck at least you don't have to do it!

NewBini said...

I LOVE it! The kitchen is fantastic! I kept telling Dare that I wanted to make Christmas cookies all last week, last night I made a goal of atleast making the dough & finishing the cookies today..yeah right.

The 5 Nelsons said...

Totally sounds like Tyler in the future! Just send him over here, he and Tyler can both have bread and cheese for dinner. Oh and my kitchen looks exactly the same when I bake.