Tuesday, December 8, 2009

10 reasons I love Pinetop

Three years ago we started going to Pinetop to cut Christmas trees. It is something that we look forward to every year - although every year I seem to forget why I say that it is my last year going until we get there and then I remember.  So here are 10 reasons why we love to go there - not in any order.


Sled rides in the snow while dads are looking for trees




Being able to play in the snow for 30 min before fingers and toes freeze because we dont really have any snow clothes





Finding the perfect tree and no one getting hurt in the process





Uncle Hyrum showing us how to iceskate




The lesson we learned from uncle Hyrum to never ice skate on thin ice - most of the pond was frozen thick but there was one spot that wasnt so thick and  put him in water up to his hip - this is him getting out :)





A toasty warm fireplace to dry our shoes- since they were the only pairs we brought and they were all soaked from the snow




A cabin that has cable so we can watch the U of A game - which we won!!! Its all because we wore our shirts




Toasting marshmallows for smores - or just eating them off the stick





Waking up to snow falling




And bringing home the perfect  real tree to decorate

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh I am so jealous! Looks like a great time...I do love Pinetop!

The Gooding Family said...

Nicole, you've been a busy blogger! I enjoyed catching up...and I LOVE the new family photos. You look so gorgeous!!! Wow!!!

Emily said...

How fun! What a fun tradition for your family. That picture of the snow falling is just beautiful. What great memories for your kids!

Gina Lee said...

You left before all the fun started!! Just 24 hours more you guys would have been buried with snow with us!! Too bad we missed eachother!!

Giselle said...

What a fun tradition! Hopefully we can make it up to the cabin in January for some fun in the snow. :)

Lynette said...

What a fun family tradition. Looks like you guys had a great time. Makes me miss the cold, snowy weather when I see those pictures.