Sunday, May 25, 2014

Family History

We had stake conference a couple weeks ago and the first presidency exceeded an invite to the youth 12 and up to go to the adult sesion on saturday night because the theme of conference was hastening the work and they wanted the youth to be involved. Jared was on shift but my mom came and watched the kids so Bailee and I could go together. I was glad to have some one on one time with Bailee.  So the past few months there has been lot of bickering in our house and I have been really trying to come up with how to put a stop to it.  We have family prayer together, read scriptures every morning together and have family home evening but I just felt like there was something more that we could do. One of the first speakers got up and started to tell his story about family history and how he always thought it was for older people to do. He ended up starting to do some research for his family and he said that "it changed his life". When he said that I felt the spirit and the distinct thought "That is what you need to do of your family"came into my mind. I just sat there and was so grateful for that inspiration. SO last family home evening we talked about my experience and how we as a family could get more involved in doing our own family history. We are going to use Sundays ( and maybe more days now that school is out) when we will sit down and go over our family information and history. Bailee started filling out her  "My Family" notebook that was provided to the members of the church and made the statement today that it was actually pretty fun. Im excited to get our family more involved and learning about our ancestors and preparing their information for their future families as well!

No comments: