Monday, August 13, 2012

New struggles

I know I'm jumping around time wise with these posts but I just needed to post this before I let busy schedules get  in the way. Its crazy having two different school schedules now and we are still trying to get the hang of it all. So Bailee started junior high this year - 7th grade. Its just amazing to me that she's that old. In fact as I type this she is doing her homework in the other room while waiting to wash out her hair dye - got rid of the red streaks. Last week was the first week of school and it seemed to go really well. I thought to myself - what was i worried about - she's doing great! Well today was the first rough day and it broke my heart. As she was telling me about her day all i kept wanting to do was put her in a bubble somewhere so she doesn't have to deal with things of the world. Now nothing major happened - just normal junior high stuff - worries about being late to school, locker issues, boys ( it seems thats all anyone cares about is getting a boyfriend- she already has a boy that wants to go out with her) , having to change in the locker room, softball tryouts, late night homework, busy schedules ... you get the idea. She has always been a perfectionist and I know she is pretty overwhelmed with everything.   She does have some good friends though and I know that will help. She is strong and I know she will get through it and  probably actually enjoy it - but I am starting to realize the importance of making our home a sanctuary for our family. Where we can leave everything at the door and feel loved and safe. Lots of prayers, hugs and kisses! Here is to a new chapter and adventure in our lives!

No comments: