So I know Ive been trying to catch up on posts but this post is from this week. It has been quite a week. The kids have seemed to adjust well to going to school - Jadie still gets grumpy and tired in the afternoons but who doesn't? I actually started my classes on Wednesday. I've finally decided to buckle down and finish the couple last classes I have to take before I can apply for nursing. Why we waited till we had 5 kids I will never figure out - maybe just to make it more interesting. I was completely overwhelmed this week and have already started to second guess myself. The classes I have are Human anatomy and physiology and chemistry. They are self paced and online so its not that I have to be at class at a certain time - its just finding the time to do the school work. I promised myself that I was not going to let it interfere with family but on saturday I totally was the Mom I said I wouldn't be. I let myself get stressed out and took it out on the family. I talked to Alicia for a bit about how she went to school with kids and she told me some things that helped her. It basically comes down to putting your priorities in order and letting the little stuff go. Then school and everything else with work out. So Im just reading my scriptures first thing and saying lots of prayers. I do what I can while the kids are at school and Koston is asleep - or jared takes him if he is home - and then once the kids get home, school gets put away until after they are asleep. Jared has been a huge help and I know I couldn't do it without him. The kids have stepped up to and started to be more responsible. And if you come over and the house is upside down - now you know why. It will be an exciting semester to say the least !
1 comment:
I just got my associates degree in July...it was hard being a student as a wife & mother. Alicia gave great advice. I had my kids help more- the boys can do dishes & laundry very well now:) I cut out a lot of social time & saved my free time for my family. I sometimes got up very early or stayed up very late to fit it all in. Reading my scriptures was key though. I read the BofM everyday & sometimes for 30 minutes ( I needed all the help I could get). I also suggest letting go of guilt (if the house was a mess or I couldn't do it all). Laun also took the kids on outings a lot so I could do hw. Sorry for the long response...I've just been there:)
Post a Comment