Saturday, April 24, 2010

#5

Yep- that's what it means. Gonzalez baby number 5 is due December 2! We went to my wonderful Dr. on Wednesday and actually got a surprise - I was pregnant with twins - but one had stopped developing. Hello extreme range of emotions. As I got emotional in the office I kept thinking how was that I could feel a loss for something that up until that moment I didn't know I even had. But that sense of loss was there.  I'm doing good now after having a couple days for it to sink in -  I think it was just the shock of it all too. We just have to trust that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing. Maybe he realized we would go insane with twins or maybe the spirit that is coming really needs to be here so there were a couple bodies being prepared and the best one is being kept :) Or maybe it is just what happened - who knows. But the other baby is perfect and doing well. My doctor said that there is a higher risk of miscarriage but has no reason to think that it will happen. I am going back in in another two weeks for a followup ultrasound. We are excited and I am double excited to be over this morning sickness in the next month. Oh yea - I am 8 weeks along. The kids have already staked their claim on whether it is a boy or girl and are planning names. So far there are no names as extreme as when Bailee wanted to name Raden hamburger. She really did. The funny part is that Jared finally got drawn for an elk hunt and guess when it is - November 27 - December 2. Haha - that's going to be interesting :) 

10 comments:

Gina Lee said...

So funny!! I remember the hamburger stage!! Ask Jadie...she'll know what to name the baby! =) I'm so excited for you guys! Thanks for takin the hear of me for the next grandkid! You bought me atleast another year! Love you guys!

Giselle said...

Hamburger, too funny! Nicole and Jared, I am so happy for your beautiful family. Your kids are adorable, great kids. Elijah and I will keep baby #5 in our prayers. And you are definitely right about the Lord knowing what he is doing. Sometimes life is challenging and we don't always know the reasons for the trials we have to face, but I have learned through my struggles that we really do have to trust in the Lord that things will turn out the way they are supposed to and that He will give us the strength to enure it all. Love you guys! :)

The Melo's said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys and can't believe you will have 5!

Gates Family said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting for you guys. So grateful baby #5 is fighting. You guys are an amazing family! Keep feeling better.

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

Yay!!!! Oh my goodness I am so excited for you all!

Cherise said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! You are great parents, and your kids are so lucky.

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you guys! You are such an amazing family! I can relate with having been pregnant with twins and one not developing. The same thing happened to me with my last pregnancy. Such a range of emotions, huh? It's so interesting (and comforting) that there is always a reason for everything. Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Farris said...

So excited for you guys! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

The 5 Nelsons said...

Nicole, we are so excited for you guys! We love your family and sure do hope we all have more time to hang out together again soon. Let us know how we can help. I know how necessary those early pregnancy naps can be. :-) That's so interesting about the twin. I'm happy that baby 5 is healthy and doing well, though. Congratulations!

Lynette said...

Congratulations! Very exciting for your family.