Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yes it is worth it




My mom always told me that parenting will be the hardest and most rewarding job I could ever do. I am just starting to understand what she meant. Bailee has started being VERY sassy the last year, trying to become her own person and declare her independence - which I know she needs to do and I know that I don't help much with the way that I react to her - we are so much alike in a lot of ways:) She is a perfectionist and a worrier and puts a lot of pressure on herself. I hope that I am not adding to that. But I've been told that because she does that, when she gets home she finally relaxes, lets herself let go and lets everything out on the people that she knows will love her anyway, unconditionally. Makes sense. And I can handle that - I have been trying harder and we are doing better - I just want us to have a close relationship before she gets into the "parents are uncool" stage, or maybe I can prevent that stage from even happening - wishful thinking? hope not


So yesterday I started laundry and asked the kids to bring me their hampers. I started sorting the clothes and in Bailee's hamper was a note to me that said :

Thank you Mom, it means a lot to me and it shows that you care. Thank-you! Love Bailee

Okay - yes it is worth it - absolutely


2 comments:

Hall of Halls said...

Being a mom is the hardest job. It is nice to be appreciated. That is really sweet that she wrote that.

The Gooding Family said...

Oh, that is so sweet! I bet that melted your heart. It felt I was reading about MY experiences with Emma...I really appreciate you posting this cause now I know I am not alone!!

You are doing a great job with your cute family, Nicole! Love ya!