Sunday, January 25, 2009

Living on Food storage


Okay guys - we were asked this morning to live off our food storage for TWO weeks - i dont know what happened to one week ( too easy I think) and we have enough food in our freezer to be fine but I really want to use the long term storage that we use only occasionaly - I am going to grind my wheat, make bread, cracked wheat, that sort of thing. I am even going to try our powdered milk - gasp!!! SO - if anyone has any ideas or recipies using long term storage stuff please feel free to let me know!I'll keep you updated on how we do ----

8 comments:

Carbonneau said...

I have been following a blog and have been getting recipes lately to use more of my food storage. Try this one, http://www.everydayfoodstorage.net/handouts/get-started-recipes.pdf

and then her blog, www.everydayfoodstorage.net has a TON of recipes if you go further back into her blog.

Do you have a wheat grinder? If not, feel free to call and use ours!

Carbonneau said...

oh yeah, she also has so good ideas for using your powdered milk! I think the magic mix is one idea I will try for homemade hamburger helper and homemade pudding, and other things!
GOOD LUCK!

Giselle said...

This would be very challenging for me. Let me know if you think of any good recipes. Good luck! :)

Gates Family said...

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Two weeks is so long. Roger had a long sigh when it was announced. I have no ideas unfortunately but I will be checking back for how it goes:) I think that is great that you are going to make bread etc.

Danielle said...

Good luck Nicole :O) I am happy to share anything with you, just give me a call!

Steph said...

Too busy cooking to post anything? See you in two weeks. Is that when you go running to McDonalds? He he he.

Ashley said...

What? By who? let me know how you did it so i will have an idea of how to do it.