Okay- so everyone knows how hectic it is when you get back from a trip and are playing catch up. Today was no exception. When the kids got home from school I was trying to find something for dinner (luckily we still had some frozen pizza in the freezer) still doing laundry (the piles of clean clothes all over the couches and the piles of dirty clothes all over the floor in my room), trying to pay bills ( paper scattered all over the house from Jadie carrying them around),getting homework finished ( amid cries of "I can't find my pencil")cleaning up the house ( there was still syrup on the kitchen table from breakfast that was now on Jadie because her new thing is climbing on the table - the chairs were now all on the counter amid the dishes so she couldn't get into the syrup anymore), blogging (priorities!) and kids yelling and fighting with each other. Then I also realized that it was Monday night -family night- and didn't have anything planned - gasp! Okay I'm super Mom- I can handle this (I have to pump myself up every now and then. So into the oven went the pizza- outside went the kids - homework can get done later. When the pizza was finished we took it outside to have a picnic on the trampoline. The kids thought it was a great idea!


HOWEVER.... not 2 min after we got on the trampoline the mosquitoes decided to come too. So much for dinner on the trampoline. I don't think I have seen my kids move that fast. In 30 sec dinner was forgotten and they were inside. So we moved the pizza inside and played the "I Love ____ because..." game. This is where you say why you love the members of your family. It can get pretty funny but heartfelt too. Tonight I heard everything from " I love mommy because she helps me go pee" to "I love myself because I am working hard in school" to "I love Daddy because he gets money for us". We name each member of the family. We started this awhile ago when the kids were fighting one night at dinner and I told them they needed to say why they loved each other (that went over well) and now they really like to play it. SO - so much for a planned family night - dang mosquitoes!
Oh well, there's always next week!
4 comments:
What a hilarious post! I can relate to days like this.
Family Nights are all about creating memories, and it looks lke you definitely did that. At least you are making an effort~ don't ever stop. You are my hero!
When we were there a few weeks ago, we only spend a few minutes outside too because we also started getting eaten by mesquitos. But idea though!! And thats sounds like my day everyday...but I only have one. Whats my problem?? haha. Way to go Super mom!!
what great ideas! I think I might steal a few of those!
Post a Comment