Today is the 12 anniversary of the attacks on 9/11. It kind of snuck up on me. I found myself explaining to the kids what the significance of today was and it brought back a lot of emotions and memories. Lexi seemed to grasp that the people on flight 93 were heroes to fight the hijackers instead of letting them fly the plane into another building. Of course I also think about the first responders that were killed along with all the innocent people. I found myself missing the unity that we as Americans shared after those attacks. We are so divided today.
I made pancakes for dinner since Jared is working - seems to be staple for dinner when he is gone. Things were getting chaotic as they usually do before bed time and I needed to breathe so I told the kids we were all going to go outside on the trampoline and watch the stars appear. I asked who the kids heroes were - or someone they admired.
Lexi - Mulan ( they are talking about her in school)
Jadie - mom - cuz you make pancakes and cookies
Raden - Isaac ( duron cousin) because of his lego creations
Bailee was at mutual.
Then we came back in and the craziness continued :)
Thought for the night - who are my heroes?
Kewpie
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment