Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thoughts


I always question writing posts when I'm emotional - I can never put my thoughts and feelings into the right words ( even when Im not emotional )  and also in the fear that I will want to come back and erase what I wrote earlier. But some things have happened this week that have been on my mind - using this blog as a  journal I thought I would write them down.



Last night was the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney. It has been said that never before has an election been so important. This election will determine the direction our country is going to go - and Im very scared of the direction it will continue to go if Obama is re-elected. He has basically taken everything our country was founded upon and stands for and trampled it under his foot. There are too many hidden agenda's and sneaky things being done. And even scarier to me are the Americans that either cant see that or agree with him. Romney wants to limit the powers of the federal government and get this country back to where it needs to be. Here are a few Facebook posts from friends that I noticed this last week :




My friend Stacie Kelly - who is not a member of the church said:

"Today I feel depressed and disgusted with the situations we've created in our country and our state. We can't lay all the blame on the leaders. The founding fathers knew and stated that the only force strong enough to cripple this awesome country is the peoples' loss of integrity, work ethic and honor. We are seeing the consequences of this now. We absolutely have to teach our kids to dream about what they can EARN not what they can get."


Another friend Bill Witt posted:

" I swear we heard Captain Moroni debating last night"





I dont pretend to know a lot about politics and even agree that there are ugly things on both sides - but what I do know is that Obama is leading us in the wrong direction on the wrong path. I don't pretend that Mitt Romney is perfect and will never make a mistake and may even do something that I wont agree with but I do know his values and standards and that he still believes in our country and will fight to keep it the greatest country in the world. He believes in God and that this country is still "one nation under God".







My next thought ties in with the federal government not doing its job protecting the borders and even turning a blind eye to the dangers that we border states especially are facing.

A couple days ago a border patrol agent was killed when his patrol group was ambushed in Naco. A sensor was tripped and they went out to investigate - he was shot along with another agent that survived and a third agent that wasnt hurt. This is not the first time it has happened and as the drug smugglers seem to be getting more aggressive it may not be the last. This hits closer to home to us because they lived in Sierra Vista where Jared grew up and was in the bishopric of the ward that some family and friends attend. One of Jared's best friends was also this man's close friends as well as a close co-worker. Jared was able to talk to him and se how he was handling everything. This border patrol agent has a wife and two young daughters. The more details I hear the more my heart breaks. My heart has been heavy and my emotions close to the surface. I didnt know this family but am close with family and friends that do and i ache for this young mom and young daughters that are dealing with this tragedy. I was thinking last night how exhausted and worn out I was and couldnt wait till Jared got home - then I realized how lucky and grateful I was that my husband WAS coming home. Jared mentioned how things seem to really get put into perspective when something like this happens and you are reminded of what is truly important.

 My thoughts and feelings were with this family this morning just how unfair it all was and how this poor woman was coping and a talk came into my mind that was given at the General Relief Society General Broadcast last Sat night. Linda K Burton - the new General Relief Society President - gave a talk entitled

"Is Faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ Written in Our Hearts?"

In this talk she says ,

“All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
"We, with you, bear witness of the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Our testimonies, like yours, have been written in our hearts as we have faced assorted soul-stretching challenges and adversities. Without an understanding of Heavenly Father’s perfect plan of happiness and the Savior’s Atonement as the central feature of that plan, these challenges could seem unfair. We all share in the trials of life together. But in faithful hearts is written, “All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”



President Goates - their stake president - was the family spokesperson and when asked by the media how they were doing he replied that they were holding on to their faith and know that this life isn't the end and that they would be together again.
I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know of this family. They know of their heartache and pain and wont leave them to face it alone. I am so grateful that we have been sealed as a family in the temple and that we have the knowledge that this life is indeed not the end but that we can be together forever.















No comments: