This weekend is General Conference and we weren't able to watch the first session on saturday because Raden had a basketball game at the same time. So I get to the game and parked and as Im getting out of the car I got a text from Alicia saying that President Monson had announced that a temple was going to be built here in Tucson! At first I thought she was just playing a mean trick on me but then my phone started blowing up with all kinds of texts from a bunch of people. It didn't sink in right away at first but the more that I thought about it the more I realized what a blessing that is going to be for us! We will be able to attend more often and our kids will be able to go there more often as well. More people will be able to be temple workers too. I cant wait for them to announce where it will be and am so excited for my family to see this whole process of having a temple built here!
One other major announcement was that young men are now able to go on a mission at 18 and young women at 19 as long as they have graduated from high school. It doesn't mean everyone will leave earlier but those that are prepared and worthy will have that opportunity. I hope this means that new places will be open to missionary work!
I am so grateful for general conference, the spirit that is felt, and love hearing and learning from our prophet and apostles.
We also went back online and watched President Monson announce everything - so awesome!
Straight To Jail
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment