Yes I need to do some updating but wanted to post a couple funny things before I forget :
Jadie's version of "Ba ba Black sheep"
Black sheep black sheep have you any wool
yes sir yes sir three bags full
one for the master one for the day
one for the little boy who lives down the drain
oh so thats my problem - I forgot to tell that little boy living in the drain to clean it out so the water drains faster!
Also- we learned an important lesson on rotating food storage -
Bailee - "mom whats wrong with these tacos?"
Me - " nothing, they are just store bought shells- not homemade shells "
Bailee " well I like your homeade ones a lot better"
Raden, Lexi and Jadie all agreed too
Me - feeling great that they finally like something I make "thanks guys - just eat these tonight, I was too worn out to fry any tonight."
Kids continue to eat but complaining that they like the homemade ones better - I am feeling really great now and sit down to eat my food. After taking a bite of my taco...
me - thinking " hhmmm - these do taste a little different"
a couple more bites ...
me - " uuugghhh - these are really gross!" I better check the expiration date on these shells!
Yep it expired in March ..... OF 2010!!!! you can do the math but I will just tell you - 1 1/2 years passed expiration date!
Me - " Dont eat any more shells guys! they are bad!"
Bailee - " I already ate a whole one! Am I going to die?"
Of course then the other kids all chimed in too.
Apparently with store bought taco shells, the "best when used by date" really does mean "best when used by".
So dinner was tacos - without the shells - and beans and rice. Oh and of course one of them piped up " Mom we are actually living on beans and rice just like you said we would have to learn to do if there was an emergency!"
Kewpie
2 days ago
1 comment:
I just want to tell you that you are awesome and I REALLY wish we could hang out more! You are one of the easiest people to talk to and so fun to be around!
Post a Comment