Wednesday, January 27, 2010

vent

I told my kids today that i quit.  I know I will regret that later. I am not posting for comments, pity, or anything else - just  to vent. Since this is my way of journaling you all get the bad with the good - And I will probably wake up in the morning feeling much better and regretting this post. Hopefully you will forgive me and not think less of me. And I know that others have bigger issues than I do - but this is MY issue. 

I am tired. I am tired of all the complaining and whining and tantrums. I am tired of the crying and screaming and tattle-taleing ( is that a word?)  I am tired of not having enough time. I am tired of not  having enough patience. I am tired of not getting to sleep at night. I am tired of not being able to pee or shower w/o kids coming in or the persistant knocking on the door. I am tired of not having my time or space. I am tired of trying so hard to be healthier and in better shape and  feeling like its a losing battle. I am tired of feeling like I am fighting and pulling teeth all day long. I am tired of always trying so dang hard - just to feel like it just gets harder. I am tired of being tired.

- Big Breath -

There - I already feel better

Now I can go finish getting the kids ready for bed - I actually hear a little laughter coming from behind closed bedroom doors- a good sign?

Raden just came out and said he wanted to be a kid again ( instead of a mom - since I quit)

I guess that means I am hired again -

Ok - I'm ready now.



Update: So after some cuddle time on the couch, family prayers, goodnight kisses and hugs, and the sound of soft breathing I am reminded once again  that the cliche is true - it really is all worth it, and I really wouldnt trade it for anything

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Don't apologize for venting! We all need to do it and should get to do it. And don't delete the post...you will look back on this in a week, month, year or however long and say "I did it...look how far I have come". Plus, go look at the kiddos when they are all sound asleep...it always reminds me why it is all worth it! Hope you have a relaxing night!!

Giselle said...

Wow Nicole, all I can say is I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I don't have four kids, and I can't imagine how busy that must keep you, BUT, I too am TIRED! :) Tired of obstacles and hurdles. It's a good thing that the time spent here on earth is so minute compared to the eternities, right? Sending positive vibes your way....

Hall of Halls said...

I hear you loud & clear- I was just having this conversation with Laun this morning. Why do kids fight so much...urgggg. It is worth it but man, it is hard! Life is such a balancing act. When you figure out how to get kids to get along let me know.

The Gooding Family said...

AMEN! I love Raden's comment, too. Glad you're keeping it real.

Have a great weekend!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

I can relate!! I feel exactly the same way over at my house sometimes! Maybe we feel like that at times because we're in the thick of it all. You're right about it being worth it though. It seems like its the hardest goals/jobs that eventually bring the most joy and have the best payoffs and I can't think of anything harder than being a parent!

Emily said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog. I really appreciated this post because it reminded me that I really am not alone in my frustrations! You mean you aren't perfect?? SO good to know:)

I have "quit" so many times and I always beg for my job back cuz it IS worth it!

I think you do an amazing job BTW!

Gates Family said...

I love when other mom's are struggle too. Not because I want others to struggle, but so that I know I am not the only one that gets frustrated. I know we 'signed up' for this, but some days, I wonder how I am really suppose to make it through. I've had it, I want to hide, too.
Good Luck, You are doing a great job, and you are AMAZING!!

NewBini said...

oh Nicole...I think you just took a page out of every mothers journal. BUT...I think you are a wonderful example! To me you do so well at everything, your kids are well rounded and good, your house is in order, you look great, you always have a smile to share...and besides venting is good!

Steph said...

I told my kids once that I changed my name and wasn't telling them what it was. I was no longer mom, mommy or moooommmmmmeeeeee!!!
We all get stressed!

Melaney said...

:) love you.