Thursday, August 20, 2009

hold your loved ones tighter

My aunt was just told that she has an inoperable brain tumor and has 4 weeks to 4 months left. A friend in Sierra Vista just passed away leaving a young wife and a 2 1/2 year old son. My college roomate is recovering from colon cancer. The kids had a lock down at school yesterday and I had let them leave for the bus being upset with them over some dumb argument. All this has hit me really hard and made me realize that we don't know how long our time here will be but that the time we do have here is so precious and that we need to hold our loved ones tighter and don't ever take anything for granted. I am trying to slow down, stop worrying, and just enjoy.

6 comments:

Bobbi Dees said...

Those things of most importance often get pushed to the back burner in our hurried lives. Our greatest happiness comes from the gospel truths and family. How grateful I am for those blessings in my life. Never let a day go by without "smelling the roses." Love you so much!!!! Mom

Giselle said...

Wow Nicole, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. How tragic! We have had a few family friends receive the same kind of devastating news. Sometimes life comes to an end without any warning, and you are so right....we need to learn to appreciate those around us while we can. Your aunt will be in our prayers.

Gina Lee said...

Sorry about your Aunt. I too held Kameron and the kids a little tighter last night after reading Jami's blog. So sad, and I even woke up with Kameron this morning to make his lunch because it just made me worry that much more while he is gone today. And I like what your mom said...I dont stop to smell the roses as often as I should!!

Ashley said...

Which Aunt? Do I know her? So so sorry to hear the news! I hope you are doing well. You have an incredible family, Jared is a strong man to lean on. Your kids are so sweet and loving. I want to take Jadie home with me the next time I come to visit! Love ya!

Steph said...

Amen! I have been thankful that I got cancer because now I ENJOY every moment. I am happier, more patient and more thankful. Life is wonderful and you are right, you never know how long you will be here!
My prayers will be with your aunt. Miracles happen! She can find peace in knowing that our lives are in His hands. He will make everything right.
Hang in there!
Love,
Steph

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Thanks for the reminder Nicole, I needed to hear that.