Why in the world are we starting school the first part of August?! Whatever the reason, I couldnt stop it from coming and the kids are back to school. Yesterday was their first day. Bailee is in 4th, Raden is in 1st and Lexi started pre-school today. Bailee and Raden even insisted on taking an apple for their teachers . I was worried about Raden because he had such a hard transition last year but so far everything has gone smoothly. They even only let me drive them to school the first day and wanted to ride the bus today - so I sent the bus schedule with them and made them memorize the route number! A little paranoid since Bailee was dropped off in the wrong neighborhood 2 years ago. Raden didnt even give me a kiss - although I did try to kiss him in the middle of his classroom with all the other kids around- major Mom mistake! I guess I will have to sneak it in before he goes to the bus! I really miss them - it's just Jadie and me today - the house is very quiet. HHHMMMMM- kind of nice :)
Ummm, I would be completely paranoid about the bus thing, if I experienced what you experienced 2 years ago. How terrifying for her and you. Cute first day of school pics!
Heavenly Father, I'm asking You to send your angels today, To protect my firefighter husband in a very special way. I ask You to guide his thoughts and actions and keep him free from fear, To bring him home safely again to those who hold him precious and dear. Please show me the way to let him know I'm proud to be his wife. I thank you Lord for giving me this man with whom I share my life. To keep those you love safe from harm is a goal that you both share, I pray that as he follows in your ways, you hold him in your care.
A Firefighter's Prayer
When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage. Give me strength to save some life whatever be it's age. Help me to embrace a child before it is too late, or save an older person from the horror of that fate. Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out. I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me. To guard my every neighbor and protect his property. And if according to my fate,I am to lose my life, Please bless with your protecting hand my children and wife.
6 comments:
Love the apple idea. Totally forgot about taking apples to teachers. You're kids are so cute!!
Happy days of school for you! That's awesome that the kids are adjusting well to their new year.
Ummm, I would be completely paranoid about the bus thing, if I experienced what you experienced 2 years ago. How terrifying for her and you. Cute first day of school pics!
Your kids looked so cute on the first day! I love Bailee's new haircut.. I loved your SUmmer post too by the way!
I love Bailee's haircut!
Cute pics!! What a cute idea with the apple too. I love to see all the kids ready for school each year!
Post a Comment