
My Nana ( my Dad's mom) passed away on March 23. She was 91 years old. Her funeral was last Friday. It was a sad but special week. She had been without my Grandad for 21 years and was ready to go home. She was able to serve 2 missions after he died. She also was able to be reunited with her birth parents that died when she was 7 months old from the Spanish flu epidemic. We had a lot of family come in for the funeral and I caught just a small glimpse of what it will be like in the next life when we are reunited with family. My favorite part of the week though was when My mom, sisters, and sister-in-law and I were able to dress her for the funeral. It was such a sweet experience and a testimony builder to know that her spirit lives on and that her body was just a place for her while she was on this earth. This earth life isnt all there is - that there is so much more. It helped to remind me that I have a Heavely Father that knows and loves me and an older brother that loves me so much he gave his life for me. It reminded me that the little things that I worry about here really arent that important in the big picture. All that really matters is what we can take with us after this part of our life - our family,testimony of our savior, and how we loved people while we are here. It will be a sweet reunion.
3 comments:
That's a sweet post. I'm sorry about the death, it's always hard on those left behind despite the age or circumstance! See you Friday!
I loved reading your sweet post Nicole. Your Grandmother sounds amazing. I am glad you were able to have such a neat experience in remembering her life and loved to hear your perspective. I'm sorry to hear about her passing and hope your family is doing well.
Hi Nic!
I just wanted to tell you that dressing Nana with all of you was the neatest part of the week for me too. I was grateful for that experience.
Love Ya,
Afton
Post a Comment