Monday, January 16, 2012

Faith and Trust

I thought this was a good thing to tell for my last post of 2011. This is something that has really stuck with me -


The van was having problems starting and it turned out that we needed a new battery and some other things. Dad looked at it at the fire station and  while he was trying to figure out what was going on with it, it died - we were able to jump start it and make it back home but when i went to start it again to roll the windows up it was completely dead and the engine wouldnt even turn over.

The next morning I was supposed to take the kids to school since Bailee's cello cant go on the bus and I forgot that the car was broken - so after getting in the car Bailee came back inside and reminded me that it didnt work. The kids were all pretty bummed since they dont like being late for school but we didnt have any choice but to wait for dad to take them to school after he got home from work. I went back to my bathroom to finish getting ready and after a couple minutes  Raden came in with his backpack on and told me that I needed to try to start the car. I told him that I was sorry but it wouldn't work. He kept asking me to try and I finally got frustrated with him and told him to trust me - that I  knew what I was talking about and that the car wouldnt start. I took him to the garage to show him that I was right and then he even told me to open the garage so the car fumes wouldnt get into the house. I just sighed and maybe rolled my eyes and got in the front seat - and wouldnt you know it the car started right away. So now I am scrambling yelling at everyone to get in the car and there he was  just standing there smiling with his back pack on and quietly told me - "I prayed mom". Well that stopped me in my tracks - He ,first of all, thought to pray and then when I kept telling him to trust me  he knew better than that and trusted his Heavenly Father.


My hope for this coming year is that we will be able to remember that experience and the faith and trust that Raden showed me so when the world is telling us that we need to trust it and that it knows what its doing that we will know better than that and turn to our Heavenly Father and put our trust and faith in Him. If He will help  with something as small as getting to school on time then how much more will he be willing and wanting to help us when greater issues and trials come. We just have to know who to turn to.


1 comment:

The Gooding Family said...

What a sweet story. I loved catching up on your family!