Sunday, December 26, 2010

Almost 5 weeks
























Okay - so when Koston was 8 days old I took him to get pictures taken - I have never done this with my other kids but the photographer needed a newborn for her site and did them for free. I dont have the rest of the pictures to post yet but here is a link to her sight for anyone that wants to see the others

http://www.jenniferbphotography.com/?p=388


It has been a chaotic 4 1/2 weeks. I went to the hospital in the morning on Nov 23. I was induced around 9:30 and he was born at 12:30. Very quick with no complications - yay! I must say I was the closest to getting an epidural with him than the other kids - mostly just because I was tired, my body was tired , and not very excited to go through labor - but luckily it was fast and i ended up not getting one.  Jared was amazing as usual and even had the nurses commenting on what a good coach he was. Koston was 7 pounds 11 ounces and I cant remember how long - I'll have to look that up. But he have been waiting  for him and are so excited that he is here and healthy. Jared had an experience that made him feel that there was another boy waiting   - mind you this came from someone who was finished having kids :) So we know that he is supposed to be here with our family. The kids all adore him- especially Raden. Jadie usually ends up smothering him with hugs and kisses. We are all adjusting to having a newborn. I've heard people say the more kids you have the less of an adjustment is becomes - not so, for me anyway. It has been hard. overwhelming. exhausting. I really have had to let things go because I just cant do it all anymore - not that i had it all under control before - but almost :)  Like when I found Jadie and Lexi eating cereal out of the box in front of the tv getting it everywhere and my first thought was " Yessssss! Now I dont have to make them lunch!"

That being said - I walked into church the other day and saw a baby only 2 months older and realized how much they change in just a short time, and I realized that if I didnt start to take time to enjoy these moments - i would miss them completely.  Now I cherish them. I love how he melts into me when I hold him, the little noises and faces he makes, his smell - most of the time :) , his big eyes that are starting to focus on me when I talk to him, and the pure innocence he has that comes from having so recently  left our Heavenly Father. I just wonder - who is this little spirit?  and pray - please help me to be the mother he and the rest of my kids need me to be.

Here are some pictures of the past 5 weeks - I know there's not alot of the hospital - but what can i say - he is number 5 :)






















































 























































I love you so much Koston and am so grateful to have this chance to be your mom and be part of your journey here.

8 comments:

NewBini said...

N, those are absolutely stunning photos! You are an amazing mom and I look up & to you more than you know. If only I could be half the mom you are. I mean it.

Lynette said...

He is so precious! Congrats.

The Gooding Family said...

If anyone can do it (be a mother to 5 children), it's YOU!! What a precious baby boy, Nicole. So happy for you!

Unknown said...

What a handsome little guy! Congratulations, wow, FIVE! I don't know how you do it!

The 5 Nelsons said...

Nicole! He is too sweet. I love the picture of you and he together on the photographer's site. You two look so peaceful there. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom!

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

Sweet photos! He is precious. Congrats! Love his picture at the top!

Giselle said...

Those professional pictures are GREAT Nicole! He's a cutie. :) Congrats to you and Jared.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Thanks for your honest thoughts. You're a good, insightful mother. I loved the picture of you and him on the photography website!